Quota Clone Plugin

MK dovecot-ml at mk.de
Mon Jan 16 11:13:59 UTC 2023

Hello Everybody,

just a short question, maybe someone used this plugin and can give me a short answer.

I have configured dovecot Quota Clone Plugin to copy quota information into a MySQL Database.
Works finde, but dovecot writes the quota information only to the database if the quota is triggert by new email
or something else like this. So I don't have all my user in the MySQL Database.

Is there any command I can use that can trigger dovecot to write the quota information of all the users to the database
one time, so that I have all my user quota information copied in the database?
I have tried "doveadm quota recalc -A" but it took quite a long time and there is a very high I/O Load on the server, so I stopped it.
I don't think this is what I want to do. Maybe there is another way.

For all of you who don't know this plugin.
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/quota_clone_plugin/

Greetings,
Oliver