2.4 ballpark release date?

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Tue Jan 17 21:04:43 UTC 2023

I'm wondering whether there is a ballpark release date for Dovecot 2.4.
I know an exact release date is probably not available, but can it at
least be narrowed to a specific quarter?  Is it likely in 2023?

I have seen on previous messages that an Ubuntu repository for 22.04
(jammy) will appear with the 2.4 release.

My mail server in AWS is running Ubuntu 20.04 (focal), which I have
avoided upgrading for various reasons, including websites that don't
work with PHP 8.1.

Now the last remaining hurdle is the fact that there is no dovecot
repository for jammy.  I would prefer the official Dovecot repo over
dovecot packages included with Ubuntu, because it's likely to be a newer
release, and built from vanilla project code.  At the moment jammy
includes dovecot 2.3.16, which is even older than the 2.3.20 that I am
running on focal from the official dovecot repo.

Again, I know that a precise release date won't be possible.  I'm just
hoping for something like "soon" or "in about six months."

Thanks,
Shawn