LDAP scheme for Dovecot

Daniel Betschart deahbe at ikmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:53:45 UTC 2023

I use an LDAP server for user administration, the users can manage
themselves with the LDAP Account Manager (LAM). I would like to give
the possibility to be able to define the quota per user.

LAM provides support for certain schemes, but the qmail scheme is
missing in the free variant. So I used the Courier scheme. Now, while
LAM correctly stores the value in bytes, it appends the letter S.
Unfortunately, the mail server Dovecot cannot do anything with this
letter S.

Is there a better scheme for Dovecot? I haven't found any until now. Or
can I remove the letter S at the end in the Dovecot configuration file
via regex?