Can't receive mail before connecting with mutt and sending mail

efeizbudak efeizbudak at disroot.org
Wed Mar 1 10:20:48 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

I've recently set up an email server. I also have mail crypt plugin and
the users are set up through pam. The problem is that whenever I set up
a new user, it can send mail but not receive it until the account is
connected with mutt and at least one mail is sent. I've noticed that the
mail_attribute_dict file is also not set up before doing this. One
peculiar thing about all this is that if an account is connected through
the stock android email app, the same "send email to get email" trick
does not work. How can I debug this?

Thank you!

--
All the best,
Efe

The funny quote of this email is trivial and left as an exercise.