Corrupted sizes using zlib plugin

Tim Evers te-ml-ext at artfiles.de
Mon Mar 6 11:06:18 UTC 2023

Am 06.03.23 um 11:59 schrieb Aki Tuomi:

>>> Can you try erasing dovecot.index.cache and see if the problem fixes itself? It's possible your cache contains invalid values from old errors.
>>>
>>> Aki
>> Did that already several times (other dovecot.index.* files too). The
>> only thing that helps is actually deleting the dovecot-uidlist file but
>> the problem returns.
>>
>> Tim
> I think it's because the value on the filename is wrong. The filename contains the virtual and physical size.
>
> Can you try if https://github.com/dovecot/tools/blob/main/maildir-size-fix.pl fixes your issue?
>
> Aki

Quoting

https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/zlib_plugin/ :

"All mails must have ,|S=<size>|in their filename where <size> contains
the original uncompressed mail size, otherwise there will be problems
with quota calculation as well as other potential random failures."

And the script you send:

"# Check if the files are compressed. Use the uncompressed size for S=size."

Which it does in my example. S= contains the uncompressed size, not the
size on disk. Is this not correct? All Files are written exclusively by
dovecot, no other software is involved.

Tim