Flags/tags lost when moving e-mails to another folder

Alexis Ben Miloud--Josselin abenmiloud at evolix.fr
Mon Mar 6 15:07:54 UTC 2023

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 02:53:38PM +0100, spi wrote:
> I faced the same issue and had to change from maildir to sdbox storage.
> The imap labels are now stored centrally per folder in an index file and
> not the filename anymore. Moving mails from one folder to another keeps
> the lable intact now.
>

> Am 22.02.23 um 11:20 schrieb Alexis Ben Miloud--Josselin:
> > I have an issue with e-mail tags/flags. The IMAP user is using
> > Thunderbird or Roundcube with Thunderbird tags.
> >
> > When the user (with an IMAP client) moves an e-mail from a
> > folder to another, tags set on the e-mail are lost.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try inside a VM or
something.

If I understand the documentation correctly, I need to change
the mail_location variable for the whole server. There are a lot
of mailboxes so I can't really change the format everywhere and
hope everthing will be OK.

If there are any other ideas, I'd be glad to have it.

Thanks a lot,

--
Alexis Ben Miloud--Josselin <abenmiloud at evolix.fr>
Evolix - Hébergement et Infogérance Open Source