User authentication using local file

Duc Anh Do doducanh2710 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 04:54:07 UTC 2023

Hi,

There is a note in the document: *For a password database it’s enough to
have only the user and password fields. For a user database, you need to
set also uid, gid and preferably also home (see VirtualUsers). (gecos) and
(shell) fields are unused by Dovecot.*
You can leave empty what you don't need.