[Dovecot] Dovecot shared folder woes

Dave Hatton mail at davehatton.it
Sun Jan 23 15:58:16 EET 2005

>> ### this should give each user a mail store default_mail_env =
>> maildir:/var/mail/%lu/%u/Maildir
>
>If you have defined namespaces manually, Dovecot won't create the default
private namespace for you. So add:

>namespace private {
>   separator = /
>   prefix =
>   inbox = yes
>}

I now have

--------------------- cut -------------------------
default_mail_env = maildir:/var/mail/%lu/%u/Maildir

namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix    =
   inbox     = yes
   hidden    = no
}

namespace public {
   separator = /
   prefix    = Public/
   location  = maildir:/var/mail/public
   inbox     = no
   hidden    = no
}

namespace shared {
   separator = /
   prefix    = Accounts/
   location  = maildir:/var/mail/accounts
   inbox     = no
   hidden    = no
}

That appears to do the trick ... I'll do some more testing ... Thanks

For completeness should I comment out the default_mail_env line and add a
location to namespace private?

I found it quite difficult to pull all this together from the mail lists and
wiki - would it be worth putting an extended example into the wiki?

Thanks again

Daveh