[Dovecot] considering dovecot

Rick Hazey rhazey at bitworx.com
Wed Nov 29 20:17:25 UTC 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Richard Mayhew - Nashua Mobile
Broadband Division wrote:

> (IMO Vacation messages aren't really part of this mailing list
> forum, as
> I belive it's a MTA's job)
>
> So.. To some it up. I prefer using Exim (MTA) to do the dirty work.

I hear what you're saying but it seems to me that the vacation
message function belongs in Sieve (via Dovecot Deliver). I want to
move spam into a junk folder and only auto-respond to the remaining
email. I'm certainly no expert; this just seemed the logical way to
do it and the way that Sieve and Maildrop handle it.

Are you able to avoid auto-responding to spam with your configuration
using Exim?