[Dovecot] Customizing Sign-Off Message

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Oct 7 22:31:58 UTC 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:

[...]

> Sure, by modifying the sources.. :)
>
> But what's the point? I don't know of any clients that show the logout
> message to users.
>
> The greeting can be seen by people who connect to the IMAP/POP port to
> see what's running in there. Some people don't want to tell even that
> they're running Dovecot, so the greeting message customization is
> useful.

Actually, Becky Internet Mail will display the entire process, both POP
and SMTP. I have noticed that a few POP servers sign off with phrases
like: "+OK Sayonara", or things like that.

It is certainly not important. I was simply wondering if I had missed
something in the configuration file.

Thanks for your reply.

Ciao!

--