[Dovecot] Dovecot-auth stand alone

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Wed Oct 18 07:55:28 UTC 2006

Since you have to have a SASL implementation with Postfix, either Cyrus or
Dovecot, would it be feasable to have autoconf options to build only those parts
required?

Currently I attempt to disable most things, except for LDAP which we want to use:

./configure --with-ldap --without-pop3d --without-passwd --without-passwd-file
--without-shadow --without-pam --without-checkpassword --without-bsdauth
--without-vpopmail --without-ssl --without-deliver --without-sql-drivers
--with-storages=

That still compiles, and installs, imap. No way to stop that.

However, master process "dovecot" does not want to start with "protocols=" set
to empty. This is somewhat understandable, but I really do not want any
listening ports, just the Unix auth socket and dovecot-auth process. Bind
localhost for now?

I take it I should run dovecot-auth as stand-alone, setting the AUTH_1
environment variable as well as a few others.

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)