[Dovecot] deliver rewrites envelop-sender

Ralf Becker beckerr at fh-trier.de
Tue Jan 9 09:07:50 UTC 2007

Hello Gerhard,

thanks for the fast reply.

I've patched procmail (it's working great) and for now, I'm using this
configuration:

/etc/procmailrc
---------------
DELIVER_INBOX=yes
DELIVER_REPLACE_INBOX_NAME=yes
DELIVER_NEW_INBOX_NAME=INBOX
DELIVER_ABSOLUTE_PATH=yes
DELIVER_PIPE_NO_LOCK=yes
DELIVER_RAW_MODE=yes
DELIVER_REMOVE_FROM=yes
DELIVER_PROGRAM="/usr/bin/deliver -m \$BOXNAME -f \$ENVELOP_SENDER -d
\$RECIPIENT"

:0
* ^From \/[^ ]*
{
        ENVELOP_SENDER=$MATCH
}
ENVELOP_SENDER=${ENVELOP_SENDER:-MAILER-DAEMON at fh-trier.de}

.procmailrc
-----------
:0
* ^X\-RFT\-FORWARD: beckerr at fh\-trier\.de -> XXXX at YYY\.de
{
        DELIVER_PROGRAM
        :0
        /dev/null
}
:0 Ec
| formail -I 'X-RFT-FORWARD: beckerr at fh-trier.de -> XXXX at YYY.de' -s
/usr/lib/sendmail -i XXXX at YYY.de

As you see I have to unset DELIVER_PROGRAM to discard looping messages
by sending them to /dev/null. This is a little bit unhandy, because
other users have to alter their .procmailrc too.

What do you think about defining an environment variable like
	DELIVER_SKIP_PATH=/dev:/tmp
to set a number of paths for which (dovecot-)deliver is skipped and
instead procmail is used to save the mail.

Regards, Ralf

PS: Gruß aus Trier, der ältesten Stadt Deutschlands :-)

Gerhard Wiesinger schrieb am 07.01.2007 21:07:
> Hello!
>
> I'm the author of the procmail patch for dovecot's deliver program.
>
> You can specify -f <envelope sender> with dovecot deliver when I
> remember correctly.
>
> DELIVER_PROGRAM="/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -m \$BOXNAME -d
> \$RECIPIENT -f SOMETHING_ELSE -c /etc/dovecot.conf"
> (Can't remember whether there was a variable for the from user or not,
> when yes you can specify the from user, too.
> )
> When you need any help feel free to contact me.
>
> BTW: The First from line is only the mbox delimiter and really has no
> effect on the Mail headers. I also have MAILER-DAEMON in the From line
> without any problems at all. So this is IHMO only cosmetic.
>
> @Timo:
> Running /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver (without any parameters waiting for
> stdin) and pressing Ctrl-C => Core dump with dovecot 1.0rc17.
>
> Grüße aus Wien :-)
>
> Ciao,
> Gerhard
>
> --
> http://www.wiesinger.com/

 Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
 (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
 Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

 Mail: beckerr at fh-trier.de                      Fon: +49 651 8103 499
 WWW:  http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr          Fax: +49 651 8103 214
 PGP:  http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr/pgp      ICQ: <available>