[Dovecot] Problem installing latest dovecot w vpopmail

Joe @ Omniweb joe at omniweb.com
Mon Sep 20 23:44:01 EEST 2010

Quoting Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com>:

> Joe @ 3ZZZ put forth on 9/20/2010 12:47 PM:
>
>> I'm now installing dovecot 1.2.14 on my new server for use with vpopmail
>> - is this inadvisable; should I seek an alternative to dovecot if I want
>> to stay with vpopmail?

> Hike up your skirt, Grab another front end from the gazillion of them
> out there, and get to work setting it up, instead of complaining that
> Dovecot doesn't work with 1 out of 1 gazillion management front ends.

Thanks Stan -
I'm sorry if it came across as a veiled threat or a complaint.  It was
a sincere question, and your point is taken.  I've been running
vpopmail for something like 7 years now and (stupidly) assumed a
migration would be painful, and so hadn't really looked for
alternatives, and only stumbled onto dovecot when i found it installed
on a server we set up a year ago and finally put into production last
month.

I love everything I've seen about dovecot so far - is there a
particular frontend you'd suggest?

Thanks