[dovecot-cvs] dovecot NEWS, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 TODO, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 configure.in, 1.277.2.59, 1.277.2.60
tss at dovecot.org
tss at dovecot.org
Tue Feb 20 12:01:20 UTC 2007
Update of /var/lib/cvs/dovecot
In directory talvi:/tmp/cvs-serv26382
NEWS TODO configure.in
RCS file: /var/lib/cvs/dovecot/NEWS,v
retrieving revision 22.214.171.124
retrieving revision 126.96.36.199
diff -u -d -r188.8.131.52 -r184.108.40.206
--- NEWS 6 Feb 2007 16:13:00 -0000 220.127.116.11
+++ NEWS 20 Feb 2007 12:01:16 -0000 18.104.22.168
@@ -1,3 +1,43 @@
+v1.0.rc23 2007-02-20 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
+ * deliver doesn't ever exit with Dovecot's internal exit codes anymore.
+ All its internal exit codes are changed to EX_TEMPFAIL.
+ * mbox: X-Delivery-ID header is now dropped when saving mails.
+ * mbox: If pop3_uidl_format=%m, we generate a unique X-Delivery-ID
+ header when saving mails to make sure the UIDL is unique.
+ + PAM: blocking=yes in args uses an alternative way to do PAM checks.
+ Try it if you're having problems with PAM.
+ + userdb passwd: blocking=yes in args makes the userdb lookups be done
+ in auth worker processes. Set it if you're doing remote NSS lookups
+ (eg. nss_ldap problems are fixed by this).
+ + If PAM child process hasn't responded in two minutes, send KILL
+ signal to it (only with blocking=no)
+ - IMAP: APPEND ate all CPU while waiting for more data from the client
+ (broken in rc22)
+ - mbox: Broken X-UID headers assert-crashed sometimes
+ - mbox: When saving a message to an empty mbox file it got an UID
+ which immediately got incremented.
+ - mbox: Fixed some wrong "uid-last unexpectedly lost" errors.
+ - auth cache: In some situations we crashed if passdb had extra_fields.
+ - auth cache: Special extra_fields weren't saved to auth cache.
+ For example allow_nets restrictions were ignored for cached entries.
+ - A lot of initial login processes could cause auth socket errors
+ in log file at startup, if dovecot-auth started slowly. Now the
+ login processes are started only after dovecot-auth has finished
+ initializing itself.
+ - imap/pop3 proxy: Don't crash if the remote server disconnects before
+ we're logged in.
+ - deliver: Don't bother trying to save the mail twice into the default
+ mailbox (eg. if it's over quota).
+ - mmap_disable=yes + non-Linux was really slow with large
+ dovecot.index.cache files
+ - MySQL couldn't be used as a masterdb
+ - Trash plugin was more or less broken
+ - imap/pop3 couldn't load plugins if they chrooted
+ - imap/pop3-login process could crash in some conditions
+ - checkpassword-reply crashed if USER/HOME wasn't set
v1.0.rc22 2007-02-06 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
+ pop3: Commit the transaction even if client didn't QUIT so cached
RCS file: /var/lib/cvs/dovecot/TODO,v
retrieving revision 22.214.171.124
retrieving revision 126.96.36.199
diff -u -d -r188.8.131.52 -r184.108.40.206
--- TODO 2 Feb 2007 12:59:31 -0000 220.127.116.11
+++ TODO 20 Feb 2007 12:01:16 -0000 18.104.22.168
@@ -1,18 +1,15 @@
+ - file_cache: we're growing the mmap in page size blocks, which is horribly
+ slow if mremap() doesn't exist.
- quota: delay counting the quota until it's really needed
- login_max_processes_count shouldn't count proxying processes
- maildir_copy_with_hardlinks: We're currently first hardlinking to tmp/ and
then rename()ing. This wouldn't be necessary if uidlist syncing noticed
that someone else already had added them to uidlist, and the existing UIDs
could be assigned to them in the index.
- - append to nonselected mailbox sends FLAGS update
- o_stream_send_istream(..1169315700.P40238Q3873..): failed: Disc quota exceeded
- maildir_copy_with_hardlinks=yes is problematic with shared folders where
the file mode should change..
- rename: allow moving between storages, as long as they're of same type
- - trying to use proxying with cram-md5 / ntlm crashes (null password on purpose):
- - Error: auth(default): file passdb-cache.c: line 120 (passdb_cache_lookup_credentials): assertion failed: (*scheme_r != NULL)
- - Error: auth-worker(default): file passdb.c: line 120 (passdb_handle_credentials): assertion failed: (password != NULL)
- - auth_cache doesn't automatically take into account allow_nets
- still problems with CRLF mboxes..
- mbox_min_index_size != 0 causes Invalid new transaction log sequence (4 >= 4)
@@ -140,6 +137,8 @@
maybe just log the IP immediately.
+ - pam service name could contain %vars
+ - add %c to dovecot-auth
- ability to specify default password scheme with passwd-file
- with blocking passdb we're not caching lookups if the password was wrong
- non-plaintext authentication doesn't support all features:
RCS file: /var/lib/cvs/dovecot/configure.in,v
retrieving revision 1.277.2.59
retrieving revision 1.277.2.60
diff -u -d -r1.277.2.59 -r1.277.2.60
--- configure.in 17 Feb 2007 12:28:23 -0000 1.277.2.59
+++ configure.in 20 Feb 2007 12:01:16 -0000 1.277.2.60
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
-AC_INIT([dovecot],[1.0.rc22],[dovecot at dovecot.org])
+AC_INIT([dovecot],[1.0.rc23],[dovecot at dovecot.org])
More information about the dovecot-cvs