[Dovecot-news] 1.0.rc13 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Nov 8 13:48:34 UTC 2006

http://dovecot.org/releases/dovecot-1.0.rc13.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/dovecot-1.0.rc13.tar.gz.sig

I'll just keep on making new releases now whenever something important
is fixed. Hopefully there shouldn't be many left anymore.

Most of the bugs fixed in this release were found by stress testing with
my imaptest tool (http://dovecot.org/tools/imaptest.c). If you're
interested in knowing how perfectly your Dovecot setup works (especially
if you're using NFS), you could try the tool yourself also.

I still see one crash with mmap_disable=yes, but it's pretty rare. Will
see if I get it fixed before v1.0, but it's not that important.

	+ deliver: If we're executing as a normal system user, get the HOME
	  environment from passwd if it's not set. This makes it possible to
	  run deliver from .forward.
	- Older compilers caused LDAP authentication to crash
	- Dying LDAP connections weren't handled exactly correctly in rc11,
	  although it seemed to work usually
	- Fixed crashes and memory leaks with AUTHENTICATE command
	- Fixed crashes and leaks with IMAP/POP3 proxying
	- maildir: Changing a mailbox while another process was saving a
	  message there at the same may have caused the changes to not be made
	  into the maildir, which could have caused other problems later..