[Dovecot-news] 1.0.rc8 released
tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 9 19:33:18 UTC 2006
I've still over 200 mails unread in the mailing list, and important
things left in TODO. This release is an improvement over rc7 anyway,
hopefully I'll have time to fix the rest soon.
* GSSAPI: Changed POP3 service name to "pop", which is what the
* "mbox:/var/mail/%u" no longer works as the mail location. You'll
have to specify the mail root explicitly, just like the examples
always have: "mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u"
+ SHA1, LDAP-MD5, PLAIN-MD5, PLAIN-MD4: The password can be now either
hex or base64 encoded. The encoding is detected automatically based
on the password string length.
+ Allow running only Dovecot master and dovecot-auth processes with
+ deliver: -f <envelope sender> parameter can be used to set mbox
From_-line's sender address
+ deliver: Log all mail saves and failures
+ Tru64 SIA passdb support. Patch by Simon L Jackson.
- INBOX was listed twice in mailbox list if namespace prefix was used
- INBOX-prefixed namespaces were a bit broken
- kqueue: Fix 100% CPU usage
- deliver: Duplicate storage was a bit broken
- dictionary code was broken (ie. dict quota)
- SIGHUP caused crashes sometimes
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/attachments/20061009/8861a260/attachment.pgp
More information about the Dovecot-news