[Dovecot-news] v1.2.rc1 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 3 21:10:33 EEST 2009

http://dovecot.org/releases/1.2/rc/dovecot-1.2.rc1.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/1.2/rc/dovecot-1.2.rc1.tar.gz.sig

I think it's time to get v1.2.0 out soon. Shared mailbox code is
beginning to look like it's working and other features should work fine
also. I don't really see any reasons to delay it, so please start
testing and let's get the last bugs found and fixed quickly.

I'm also going to start v1.3 branch soon with configuration rewrite and
multi-dbox support.

Changes since beta4:

 * Renamed THREAD X-REFERENCES2 to THREAD REFS (from INTHREAD draft)
 + When a process is killed, show the signal code and the sending
process's pid and uid.
 + quota-fs: Added support for NFS group quota.
 - Several fixes to shared mailboxes and ACLs
 - Removed umask setting. We're nowadays creating practically all files
with proper umasks.
 - acl: Dropped default ACL cache timeout from 5 minutes to 30 seconds.
 - fts-solr fixes
 - virtual mailbox fixes
 - Write to main index file less often.