[Dovecot-news] v1.2.rc4 released
tss at iki.fi
Mon May 18 05:14:58 EEST 2009
I'm pretty hopeful that virtual mailbox code is finally crash-free. If
people don't find many problems from this release, I'm thinking that rc5
could come in a couple of weeks and that would be renamed to v1.2.0
after a week or so if no one has reported bugs.
v1.2.rc4 2009-05-17 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
* If /dev/arandom exists, use it instead of /dev/urandom (OpenBSD).
* When logging to a file, the lines now start with a timestamp instead
of "dovecot: " prefix.
+ IMAP: When multiple commands are pipelined, try harder to combine
their mailbox syncing together. For example with Maildir pipelining
STORE 1:* +FLAGS \Deleted and EXPUNGE commands the files won't
be unnecessarily rename()d before being unlink()ed.
+ imap-proxy: Send backend's CAPABILITY if it's different from what
was sent to client before.
+ IMAP: struct mail now keeps track of all kinds of statistics, such
as number of open()s, stat()s, bytes read, etc. These fields could
be exported by some kind of a statistics plugin (not included yet).
+ IMAP: SEARCH command now dynamically figures out how to run about
0.20 .. 0.25 seconds before seeing if there's other work to do.
This makes the SEARCH performance much better.
- Fixes to shared mailbox handling.
- Fixes to virtual mailboxes.
- THREAD command could have crashed.
- Fixes to expire-tool.
- mbox: Don't break if From_-line is preceded by CRLF (instead of LF).
- dict process wasn't restarted after SIGHUP was sent to master.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/attachments/20090517/8da7c12b/attachment.bin
More information about the Dovecot-news