[Dovecot-news] v1.2.5 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 14 05:25:33 EEST 2009

http://dovecot.org/releases/1.2/dovecot-1.2.5.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/1.2/dovecot-1.2.5.tar.gz.sig

I'll be more or less gone for next two weeks. Tomorrow I'm heading to
MacSysAdmin in Sweden to give a Dovecot talk, the next week I'll be in
Finland on vacation. After that I'm hoping to get v2.0.alpha1 released
in October.

	* Authentication: DIGEST-MD5 and RPA mechanisms no longer require
	  user's login realm to be listed in auth_realms. It only made
	  configuration more difficult without really providing extra security.
	* zlib plugin: Don't allow clients to save compressed data directly.
	  This prevents users from exploiting (most of the) potential security
	  holes in zlib/bzlib.

	+ Added pop3_save_uidl setting.
	+ dict quota: When updating quota and user isn't already in dict,
	  recalculate and save the quota.
	- file_set_size() was broken with OSes that didn't support
	  posix_fallocate() (almost everyone except Linux), causing all kinds
	  of index file errors.
	- v1.2.4 index file handling could have caused an assert-crash
	- IMAP: Fixes to QRESYNC extension.
	- virtual plugin: Crashfix
	- deliver: Don't send rejects to any messages that have Auto-Submitted
	  header. This avoids emails loops.
	- Maildir: Performance fixes, especially with maildir_very_dirty_syncs.
	- Maildir++ quota: Limits weren't read early enough from maildirsize
	  file (when quota limits not enforced by Dovecot)
	- Message decoding fixes (mainly for IMAP SEARCH, Sieve).