[Dovecot-news] v2.0.beta6 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 12 03:00:43 EEST 2010

http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/beta/dovecot-2.0.beta6.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/beta/dovecot-2.0.beta6.tar.gz.sig

Unfortunately this still isn't rc1 yet, but the next one will be, I promise :) Basically all of the important changes are done now. The TODO list for rc1 is:

 - Test and fix dsync bugs
 - Finish director
 - Add man pages started by Pascal Volk. BTW. He asked for some feedback about them, but got only one reply: http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-June/049438.html

I've also read through and answered nearly all of my email backlog. If you haven't gotten a reply, resend the mail.

Some changes since beta5:

 - Added director: http://blog.dovecot.org/2010/05/new-director-service-in-v20-for-nfs.html
 - IMAP: Added STATUS (X-VSIZE) command for easily getting mailbox's virtual size.
 - Lots and lots of doveadm improvements and new commands
 - Postlogin scripts now need to be executed using "script-login", not "script" binary.
 - Quota warnings are executed now asynchronously using the new script binary. See http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/a179fcbbf960
 - Added passdb static for proxying and similar configurations
 - TLS SNI configuration must now be done using local_name {} blocks, not local {}
 - lib-storage plugin API changes, external plugins must be updated to work correctly
 - Lots of fixes