[Dovecot-news] [Dovecot] Released Pigeonhole v0.3.4 for Dovecot v2.1.16

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Apr 6 23:55:17 EEST 2013

Hello Dovecot users,

Much time passed since I last released a new Pigeonhole, so quite a few
unreleased fixes were pending until now.

Development of new features is shifted to the upcoming Pigeonhole v0.4
for Dovecot v2.2. I intend to release v0.4.0 shortly after Dovecot v2.2.0.

Changelog v0.3.4:

   * Changed error handling to be less of a nuisance for administrators.
     Strictly user-caused errors are only reported in user log. Some
     errors are logged as info instead.
   * Sieve: Changed behavior of redirect in case of a duplicate message
     delivery or a mail loop. If a duplicate is detected the implicit
     keep is canceled, as though the redirect was successful. This
     prevents getting local deliveries. The original SMTP recipient is
     used when it is available to augment the entry in the LDA duplicate
     database. This way, duplicates are only detected when (initially)
     addressed to the same recipient.
   + Sieve vnd.dovecot.duplicate extension: added new features to the
     duplicate test, making it possible to manually compose the key
     value for duplicate checking. This extension is in the process of
     being standardized:
       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bosch-sieve-duplicate-01
   + Sieve date extension: generate warning when invalid date part is
     specified.
   - Sieve editheader extension: fixed crash occurring when
     addheader :last was used.
   - Sieve include extension: fixed missing error cleanup that caused a
     resource leak.
   - Sieve vacation extension: fixed determination of From: address for
     when sieve_vacation_dont_check_recipient is active.
   - Sieve tools: the -D option wasn't enabled and documented for all
     tools.
   - Sieve dict script storage: fixed potential segfault occurring when
     dict initialization fails.
   - ManageSieve: fixed bug in skipping of CRLF at end of AUTHENTICATE
     command.
   - ManageSieve: fixed handling of unknown commands pre-login.
   - Fixed compile on Mageia Linux.

The release is available as follows:

http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/2.1/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole-0.3.4.tar.gz
http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/2.1/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole-0.3.4.tar.gz.sig

Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot v2.x wiki for
more information. Have fun testing this new release and don't hesitate
to notify me when there are any problems.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl