[Dovecot] login w/ IMAP & LDAP

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Thu Aug 14 22:22:52 EEST 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 09:07:00AM +0200, molter at tin.it wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:25:08 -0400
> "Bob Hall" <rjhjr at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > > cd src/auth
> > > patch -p0 < auth-no-homedir.patch
> >
> > Hmmm. That must Linux. I can't find a src/auth on FBSD, and I don't
> > know what the FBSD equivalent would be.
>
> Bob,
>
> assuming you are using the fbsd port of dovecot:
>
> apply the patch:
>   cd /usr/ports/mail/dovecot/work/dovecot-0.99.10/src/auth
>   patch -p0 < auth-no-homedir.patch

Thanks, Marco.

I saved the patch on the website to auth-no-homedir.patch and cp'ed
it to /usr/ports/mail/dovecot/work/dovecot-0.99.10/src/auth. When I
ran
	patch -p0 < auth-no-homedir.patch
I got
	Hunk #1 failed at 55.
	1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to master-connection.c.rej
	Hmm...  Ignoring the trailing garbage.
	done
I'm guessing that means I did something wrong?

Bob Hall