[Dovecot] Custom flags.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 29 17:37:43 EEST 2003

On Friday, Aug 29, 2003, at 17:17 Europe/Helsinki, Maheshkumar Sabhnani
wrote:

> How do I define custom flags?

That depends on your IMAP client. Outlook and OE don't support them at
all. Only few seem to support them actually.

>  What are added features of IMAP apart from Online access and
> Hierarchy folders.

To me the biggest benefit is being able to read the same mail from
multiple computers. There's lots of smaller features, but they're not
that important.

> I created a new folder and copied couple of messages from incoming
> file. Where is this new folder created?

~/mail/ directory.

>  Also Microsoft Outlook still shows the messages in incoming as
> deleted. How do I refresh list to permanently delete the messages that
> I have already transferred to a different folder.

Use "expunge" command. I think it's somewhere in the menus.