[Dovecot] another Dovecot problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 5 21:18:55 EEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 22:52, Tim Miller wrote:
> dovecot: Oct 04 07:37:03 Error: login: Authentication process 0 doesn't
> exist
> dovecot: Oct 04 07:37:03 Fatal: fcntl(F_GETFD, 0) failed: Bad file
> descriptor

Some fd_close_on_exec(0, ..) call failed. I checked them all through, I
can't think of a reason why it should ever return "bad file descriptor".

Maybe it's some glibc/linux 2.0 bugginess..

You could try commenting those fd_close_on_exec calls from
src/master/*.c and seeing which one does it.

> imap-login: Oct 04 07:37:03 Fatal: Master sent reply with unknown tag 0

Maybe related to above but can't be sure. Shouldn't really happen.

> This is from the Website version with the patch applied. I doubt it would
> help, but I'd like to try the CVS version (with all the patches), but it
> doesn't appear to have a configure or install.sh script when I check it
> out of the CVS. Shall I use these scripts from the released version, or is
> there another way to build the CVS version?

Run autogen.sh first.