[Dovecot] dovecot not staying up

Brian T Glenn glenn-dovecot at delink.net
Mon Apr 5 17:33:23 EEST 2004

I found one reference to this in the archives via google, but the
assistance offered there did not resolve the problem. I am getting the
following in the logs:

Apr  5 10:21:25 ziegchen dovecot: Dovecot starting up
Apr  5 10:21:26 ziegchen dovecot: Auth process died too early - shutting down
Apr  5 10:21:26 ziegchen dovecot: child 30091 (auth) returned error 127
Apr  5 10:21:26 ziegchen imap-login: fd_send(-1) failed: Broken pipe

This is with SSL on or off, I have tried building the source many
different ways, but it behaves the same every time. I even copied the
config from a working installation and tried it with that, but to no
avail. Any insight would be appreciated.

--
Brian T Glenn
delink.net Internet Services