[Dovecot] Repeating downloads

Paul Hanson phanson at smarp.us
Wed Apr 7 08:09:25 EEST 2004

Hey-  Just wanna say that I'm really happy with Dovecot, it has worked
really well for my small operation.  I do have a couple problems I'd just
like to bring to everyone's attention for future bugfixes and if there is a
solution available.  I'm using dovecot-0.99.10-6 with a clean fedora core 1
install.  I'm using primarily IMAP with OpenSSL, however a few people use
POP3 (over SSL) with outlook 2002 clients.  The problem is that with each
send and receive another copy of all messages in their Inboxes are
downloaded.  I have tried closing outlook restarting it etc. nothing seems
to help unless I tell outlook to remove all messages from the server then
outlook responds with "messages that outlook was attempting to download are
no longer on the server." And problem solved.  Not a huge deal but others
with similar setups may be experiencing the same problems. I have postfix
for my MTA, every account uses Maildir.  Attached is my dovecot.conf.

Thanks a lot!!!

            -Paul