[Dovecot] Dovecot for production environment

James Moser james at powweb.com
Fri Apr 9 00:57:32 EEST 2004

I'll tell ya anything you wanna know...  I'm using FreeBSD 4.9, here is
my how I currently configuered it (didn't use the ports)..

./configure --without-shadow --without-pam --without-passwd-file
--without-static-userdb --disable-ipv6 --localstatedir=/var \
        --with-ssl=openssl --with-ssldir=/var/dovecot/ssl --with-pop3d
--with-storages=mbox

I had the default configure options working too, I just wanted to remove
everything I didn't need to increase performance, maybe it doesn't
matter... I didn't see much of a change.

We are currently using mbox, and hopefully someday will be converting to
maildir, but one step at a time...  this is actually one of the reasons
I choose to try dovecot.

My dovecot.conf configuration is attached... mostly defaults with some
exceptions....  if anyone has some recommendations that'd be great...  I
have all caching turned off for Imap for other reasons, but it might
work fine for you.

James L Moser                 james at powweb.com
PowWeb Hosting                http://www.powweb.com

/(bb|[^b]{2})/,  that is the Question.

mysql>SELECT * FROM user WHERE clue > 0;
Empty set (0.03 sec)

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die...
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing...