[Dovecot] Envelope From changed - why?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 27 21:48:31 EEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 15:53, Tom Alsberg wrote:
> That's what I mean - when the IMAP COPY command is issued, the From_
> line should be copied together with the rest of the actual message.

I don't think I'll want to do the copying exactly, as the way COPY
currently works is "read message" and "save message", although maildir
has special code for hardlink-copying. I don't think mbox really
deserves that..

However, I could change read and save APIs so that the "envelope from"
can be read and written. With maildir reading would give NULL, and
writing would just ignore it. With mbox it would work right though, and
if it's NULL it'd do what it does now.