[Dovecot] Problems with registering new emails - imap/jfs/maildir

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Aug 28 15:23:51 EEST 2004

On 26.8.2004, at 23:23, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:

> Closer checking shows that it works with ext3 and reiserfs, but not
> with jfs.
> Either there's a bug in the filesystem, or dovecot does an invalid
> assumption... no idea of which.

The strange thing is that it works after reconnecting. I don't see what
the difference is between reconnecting and reselecting mailbox. If it
never worked it would be clear that the problem is with Dovecot. I
think there has been problems with Reiser as well, so it's well
possible that Dovecot assumes something wrong. I guess I should try
creating reiser/jfs partitions myself and see how they work.