[Dovecot] Outlook 2002 sp-2 and initial connection after OS reboot

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Wed Jan 14 10:22:58 EET 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:11:44 +1100
"David Crisp" <dcrisp at wsl.com.au> wrote:

> It LOOKS like its an OUTLOOK problem.  However it works fine with the
> OTHER imap server we have which is on a different linux box.

May I make a suggestion? Install a  copy of 'the other' IMAP server on
the same box as you have Dovecot. Stop Dovecot, run that server, see if
Outlook connects. Disconnect Outlook, stop that server, start Dovecot,
and try again. That way the ONLY difference is the IMAP server, and
anything silly (firewall rules, routers, hardware, random acts of
omnipotent beings) should be eliminated. Yes, I know you'll say none of
those things apply in this case, but SOMETHING is different.

Keith