[Dovecot] Dovecot hangs after 2 or 3 days

Jens Gutzeit dovecot at gutzeit.at
Mon May 3 15:14:28 EEST 2004

Hi all,

We've some problems with our dovecot installation, its the latest
stable compiled on a debian woody box.

After 2 or 3 days dovecot hangs, no user can login (pop3 and imap),
there's nothing in the logs. The client does allways timeout, if I
restart dovecot all works well again.

It's a box with s.th. around 400 users, we've enough mem free, load is
not a problem, it went from 0.9 to 0.1 after migrating from
cyrus-imapd, so this doesn't seem to be hardware related.

My dovecot conf is online at:
http://mail.sunday.de/dovecot.conf

best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jens Gutzeit

--
Tel.: +492151 652945

Ein PC besteht sowieso i.d.R. zu 90% aus faulen Kompromissen, zu 7% aus
Elektronikschrott und zu 3% aus wirren Ideen.
	Benedict Mangelsdorff