[Dovecot] Dovecot Questions

Julian Melville JMelville at selectaustralasia.com.au
Fri May 21 06:19:21 EEST 2004

> I suppose I should have mentioned that this is Debian sid, so Dovecot
> 0.99.10.4 and SquirrelMail version 1.5.0.  Not using pgsql or ldap.

What happens if you telnet to e.g. port 143 when this is happening? Do
you get a response from dovecot?

I ask because I was experiencing the same symptom on a Debian (testing)
machine a couple of months back. I had some assistance from Jaldhar but
didn't get much closer to the answer. Eventually I put it down to low
memory problems (it was a virtual-mode Linux server and had memory probs
with other apps) and shifted to a real server with plenty of RAM. That's
now also running Debian sid, dovecot and Squirrelmail without any
problems.

Cheers,

Julian.