[Dovecot] What about saving your INBOX at ~/mbox ?

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri May 21 18:37:36 EEST 2004

Am 21.05.2004 um 8:30 Uhr -0400 schrieb Nico Kadel-Garcia:
>There is one feature of the old WashU imapd that I miss, though. That
>daemonn could be configured to automatically transfer the user's email
>to the "~/mbox" upon activation of the daemon, effectively reducing
>the size of the /var/spool/mail/{username}" mail spool and helping
>keep the user's disk usage in their home directories, not in
>/var/spool/mail. This can be a good thing for various reasons.
>
>But I don't see any way to enable that behavior for dovecot. Is there
>something I'm missing, or do folks feel it would be reasonable to add?

By chance, I have just set that up.  :)

My default mailbox goes to ~/Mail/INBOX; adjust to your liking.
Set up sendmail/postfix/whatever to use maildrop as your local mailer, add

DEFAULT=$HOME/Mail/INBOX

to /etc/courier/maildroprc

and set

default_mail_env = mbox:~/Mail:INBOX=%h/Mail/INBOX

-- that's all.

HTH,
	hauke

--
           Hauke Fath                   /~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Institut für Nachrichtentechnik        \ /    No HTML/RTF in email