[Dovecot] 1.0-test10

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue May 25 06:37:32 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

> http://dovecot.org/test/
>
> Transaction log file contains now only message UIDs rather than message
> sequences. I'm not really sure why I originally thought sequences were
> better.. 0.99 Dovecot used UIDs too. A lot of difficult logic (which was
> also broken) went away with this change.
>
> Fixed also "Maildir sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox" errors.
> I can't anymore get this release to easily complain about corrupted
> indexes. That doesn't mean that the new logic is correct though, so be
> careful.

I haven't installed this version, but ran it with "sudo
./src/master/dovecot -F" in the build directory.

I wonder if this is still current after test 12 3/4, and if it's valid
given that I didn't do "make install", but logging looks a bit incomplete:

dovecot: May 25 05:34:47 Error: imap-login: imap-login: Info: Login: ma [127.0.0.1]

Should this have been two log lines, one error (that got lost), one info?

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95