[Dovecot] wiki's howto and mailman

John R. Dennison jrd-dovecot at gerdesas.com
Tue Aug 2 00:08:39 EEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 08:41:46PM -0000, kramer at freemail.it wrote:

> hello, i've implemented this on my mailserver : http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/DovecotPostgresql
>
> but now mailman is broken. This is the error i got from postfix:
>
> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> of course the user mylist at mydomain.org does not exsist on the postgres db, but how i can fix this issue? someone wanna help, please?

	Quick solution would be to add all mailman related aliases to
	postfix's alias file and then postalias it.  This will work
	if the lists are either 1) not hosted on the virtual domains
	that you host but rather on your primary domain or 2) each
	list name is unique and not duplicated across v-hosts.  Note,
	this is just the quick solution, not, perhaps, the best
	solution.

	Note:  I have not done this with postfix as I host all my
	mailman	lists on my primary (non v-host) domain but I have
	done it successfully in the past with various other MTA's.

							John

--
"I'm sorry but our engineers do not have phones."
As stated by a Network Solutions Customer Service representative when asked to

"My other computer is your windows box."
                                     Ralf Hildebrandt