[Dovecot] error sha1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Aug 7 16:59:55 EEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 16:17 +0200, Alex Romijn wrote:
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(sha1.o)(.text+0x60): In function
> `sha1_result':
> : multiple definition of `sha1_result'

MySQL library is being stupid and exporting symbols that can easily
conflict with symbols created by the programs using the library.

I'm not sure if MySQL has fixed this already or not. Maybe upgrading the
library might help. If not, I'd suggest complaining to MySQL people
about this since it most likely won't be causing problems to just
Dovecot.

Alternatively you can just change all Dovecot's sha1_result symbols in
source code to something else.