[Dovecot] Dovecot & SquirrelMail

admin at downend.org admin at downend.org
Sun Aug 14 13:32:59 EEST 2005

Hi I am back thought I should start a new mail... since i lost track of
previous. Anyways,

Does Dovecot require courier-authdaemon or whatever it is called to run?
When running the following i recieve the following output should I kill inet
from 143 or not.

aries:/etc/init.d# netstat -ltnp | grep ':143'
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:143             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
24715/inetd

I am recieving the same response with the dovecot init file:

aries:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/dovecot
aries:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/dovecot

aries:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
aries:/etc/init.d#

There is no output possible because of inet?
Any Help will be great!
Thanks!