[Dovecot] Upgraded from 0.99 to 1.0 stable on FC3

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 15 00:23:28 EEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 08:13 +0100, Obantec Support wrote:
> I upgraded to 1.0 stable and saw this in the maillog
>
> UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /var/spool/mail/thejohns_brian
>
> i am using mbox files with default_mail_env = mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u
>
> Is this a problem that i should worry about?

It's not visible to users in any way, but it shouldn't really happen.
There could be some bugs in Dovecot still that makes Dovecot itself
cause it. If anyone knows of a way to reproduce this problem, I'd like
to know.

Another reason why it could happen is if mbox locking isn't done the
same way with all the software accessing the mbox.