[Dovecot] postfix+dovecot+sieve?

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Mon Aug 15 23:01:48 EEST 2005

On 16/08/2005 3:28 a.m., Tomi Hakala wrote:
> Reuben Farrelly wrote:
>> If you're looking for an alternative, there is mvmf http://www.mvmf.org/
>> which is also pretty good (and in my experience seems slightly less buggy).
>
> What kind of bugs you've seen with Dovecot LDA?

When I first tried Dovecot LDA I was seeing some index file corruption that
went away when I stopped using it, but that seems to have been fixed now as I
haven't had any problems with that for quite a while.

But every now and then a mail simply misses being filtered for no apparent
reason, and ends up in the Inbox.  I'm filtering based on "Delivered-To:"
lines, so as long as a mail has been sent to the right address (usually a
mailing list), it will always have the right "Delivered-To:" statement.
It's only very occasional, perhaps one in few hundred deliveries or so...I
haven't figured out a pattern to it.

reuben