[Dovecot] Sending email with IMAP instead of SMTP?

Jonathan Vanasco jvanasco at mastersofbranding.com
Tue Aug 16 20:42:18 EEST 2005

Courier has this - you can configure an 'outbox' that is polled

i think the contents are either sent to the MTA for smtp , or handled
via an internal smtp server

extending either protocol to handle the other is odd though - look at
the names of the acronyms

IMAP - internet message access protocol
SMTP - simple message transfer protocol