[Dovecot] How to know when a mail is moved from a folder to another

Darrin Smart darrinsmart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:01:26 EEST 2005

I do this by having a "razor submissions" folder as well as my normal
junk folder.

spamassassin-tagged spam goes into Junk.

other mail I identify as spam goes into Junk as well (via the Junk
mail button in Mail.app)

Every now and then I review the contents of Junk, take out any false
matches, and drag the rest into my "razor submissions folder".

Then I have a small script that runs every 2 minutes from cron, taking
each message from "razor submissions" and reporting it to spamassassin
(and razor, dcc etc)

Works fairly well.

Darrin

#!/bin/sh

cd $HOME/"Maildir/.Razor Submissions"

# Quick exit if lockfile exists
[ -e .submitting.lock ] && exit 0

lockfile -l60 .submitting.lock

cd new
for i in *; do
  [ -e $i ] && mv $i ../cur/
done

cd ..

for i in cur/*; do
  [ -e $i ] && /usr/bin/spamassassin -r < $i && rm $i
done

rm -f .submitting.lock