[Dovecot] Poprelayd released for Dovecot

dan1 dan1 at edenpics.com
Mon Aug 22 21:58:05 EEST 2005

Hello all.

I just wanted to tell you that poprelayd is now compatible with Dovecot. I
have just created a parser for the Dovecot server.
This might be interesting either for you or your future customers. Maybe you
will want to make some advertisement for it ?
I remind that poprelayd is a service that allows a POP user to use the SMTP
server of the same machine to send e-mails (making relays) for 15 minutes
long after the pop login.
This comes very handy for people wanting to send e-mails through their
servers and also for a larger use.
If you could try it that would also give some interesting feedbacks.
This is the link:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1338704&forum_id=21494

BTW, I would need something from you:

The POP login information that we can find for Dovecot in the
/var/log/maillog is [::ffff:IP_ADDRESS].
Here is an example:

Aug 19 23:23:02 anoigo pop3-login: Login: john [::ffff:82.208.12.243]
Will this be kept the same all the time or is this ffff value a variable ?
Will it be kept like this all the life of Dovecot ? Also, I would need to
know if the 'pop3-login' and 'Login:' information there will also be kept.

Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel