[Dovecot] MySQL user cant log in

Marvin Stark marv at der-marv.de
Mon Aug 29 16:30:03 EEST 2005

Hi,

I configured dovecot IMAP for MySQL authentification.

--- start dovecot.conf ---
auth_userdb = mysql /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
auth_passdb = mysql /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
--- end dovecot.conf ---

--- start dovecot-mysql.conf ---
db_host = localhost
db_port = 3306
db_unix_socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
db = users
db_user = users
db_passwd = xxx
db_client_flags = 0

password_query = SELECT password FROM users WHERE userid = '%n' AND
active = 'Y'

user_query = SELECT home, uid, gid FROM users WHERE userid = '%u'
--- end dovecot-mysql.conf --

/var/log/mail.log looks fine:

--- start mail.log ---
Aug 29 14:40:43 vs6020 dovecot: Dovecot starting up
Aug 29 14:40:44 vs6020 dovecot-auth: MySQL: connected to localhost
--- end mail.log ---

But if i try to log in authentification failed.
I added the user test to the database and set the user test in my mail
client(evolution)

I dont know what it could be.. because connecting to mysql worked
fine...

best regards,

Marvin Stark