[Dovecot] hanging imap... and users getting other users' emails!

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 3 20:26:44 EET 2005

PAM is working fine, as long as it's checking users' passwords
correctly. Your problem was only because of the userdb, and changing
that to ldap should fix it.

I just looked at libnss-ldap code. It seems to be using threads, which
makes it even more likely to be the source of your problems. Perhaps
someone should tell them (or RH bugzilla) about this bug and see what
they say..