[Dovecot] Mixing mbox and maildir

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Mar 6 13:48:55 EET 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 10:31:59PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> I just wrote this: http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation

>From what I read there, it seems pretty complicated, but I couldn't
understand a straightforward way to do this - only with namespaces I
could create another namespace for mbox, but then clients had to
know...

Is there no way to just have Dovecot detect whether the mailbox is in
maildir or mbox format on opening?

And what about the problem - that without prefixing mbox: it
complains:

dovecot: IMAP(user): Failed to create storage with data:
+~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/user

  Thanks,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/