[Dovecot] pop before smtp

F. Even dovecotlists at elitists.org
Mon Mar 7 11:47:55 EET 2005

Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Sa, 2005-03-05 at 09:53 -0800, Ian R. Justman wrote:
>

>>I use a different method for POP-before-SMTP which involves a hacked
>>copy of Perdition sitting ahead of Dovecot and a program called authd
>>(http://www.authd.org) which is far more reliable than log-parsing, and
>>probably as reliable as writing a database.
>

> Yeah I guess. Anyway, this is what I was thinking of:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.dovecot/5131 (see Timo's reply
> there)

Ah yes...that is very cool.  Thanks.  It is more than I want currently
though...not running a db server on this box and am not interested into
delving into one for this box.  PBSMTP is working as needed now....so
I'm not all that concerned.  Thanks for your assistance though and the
link.  Appreciated.

Frank