[Dovecot] 1.0-test64

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Wed Mar 9 21:12:23 EET 2005

At 19:37 9-3-2005, John Peacock wrote:
>Show of hands: How many people are running the 1.0-test series in a
>production environment and how many users are you supporting?

We're running Dovecot 1.0-stable (since we needed the mailspace feature of
the 1.0 series) in
an university environment. We migrated to Docecot in the weekend of 26th
february and up until
now we have almost 1000 unique users. We have about 3000 users in our
passwd database, so
I expect the number of unique users to grow.

As you maybe have seen on the list, we had a few problems. One of them is
OS related (Solaris
only supports 256 filedescriptors by default and that wasn't enough), the
other problem is Dovecot
1.0 related: Pine and Outlook Express users cannot see in the mail index
who sent them mail (the
'from' field is empty). Dovecot 0.99 didn't have this problem. I'm still
waiting for an answer from TImo
about this issue.

Bottom line: I like Dovecot a lot; it's fast, stable and easy to support.

Best regards,

         Remy Zandwijk
         Free University of Amsterdam
         The Netherlands.