[Dovecot] Logging options

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Mar 12 22:01:32 EET 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 11:11 +0100, Joebstl Thomas wrote:
> is it possible to configure dovecot's logging so it logs stuff like
> "User x logged in from IP/Host y and had z new messages" like I'm used
> from qpopper?
> That immensely helps when debugging PEBKAC issues.

Not yet. You could change the code yourself though.

pop3/client.c at the end of client_create() and/or beginning of
client_destroy(). Put something like:

i_info("message count = %u", client->messages_count);

The IP can be set with dovecot-stable and 1.0-test releases from config
file:

mail_log_prefix = "%Us(%u,ip=%r): "