[Dovecot] Plain Authentication - Outlook not working

F. Even dovecotlists at elitists.org
Mon Mar 14 01:40:56 EET 2005

> Hi
>
> I tried re-subscribing and still, I get not emails with kmail.
>
> Outlook appeared to pick the change in Subscription file automatically.
>
> Any other ideas, or should I drop the IMAP connection and re-do it?

I've always had to drop my IMAP connection and reconnect to recognize
changes I've made on the server side.  A kill -1 to dovecot will only
reload the server process and the login auth processes...it won't kill
your already established IMAP connection, which as far as I can tell,
keeps using old settings.

If you are having that many problems, delete all of your subscriptions
files and dovecot caches and start from scratch.  I've had to do it a few
times to get things to work as expected.