[Dovecot] Dovecot, pam and OpenLDAP

Rune Hamnvik rune at mobinor.no
Mon Mar 14 16:17:27 EET 2005

Hello
We have a Dovecot installation using only pop3 where auth data is stored in
OpenLDAP and accessed using pam. With Fedora 2 everything has worked fine,
but when we upgraded to Fedora 3 we started to get problems. After a while a
lot of dovecot processes existed, and error messages was logged in maillog
telling that the processes was too old. Then some error messages telling
about memory leak was logged.

Our /etc/pam.d/dovecot looks like this:
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

Any idea what is happening?

Rune Hamnvik
Mobinor AS
Norway